If I was ever invited to a cook off of some sort – this would be the recipe I would be armed with. It’s amazing!!! You and your family are going to LOVE it! I promise.
Momo’s Mac N Cheese
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta. I prefer Wagon Wheels or Shells
- 1 Cup Melted Butter portioned – 3/4 Cup & 1/4 Cup
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 3/4 Cup Half & Half
- 16 oz Velveeta cubed
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp of Garlic Salt
- In a large bowl mix together all of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter; Stir into pasta.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add the Velveeta Cheese and Half and Half; stir until the cheese is completely melted. Add 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder to this mixture.
- Melt 1/4 Cup butter; add two cups Panko Bread Crumbs and fluff with fork.
- Pour the Velveeta mixture over the pasta and stir well.
- Add all of the shredded cheeses to the pasta and stir until combined.
- Pour the pasta mixture into a greased 9×13 pan
- Sprinkle prepared bread crumbs over the entire pan.
- Sprinkle with Garlic Salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges.
- Broil until the bread crumbs become golden and toasty
Ideas: Add protein or veggie of your choice? Serve with chili? Fantastic as a meal or side dish
Oh Amy! You have outdone yourself with this one!! Now all I can think about is making this!! It looks fantastic! I bet this would taste amazing in a bowl of cornbread, BBQ pulled pork and this! If I’d even get that far! This is perfect on its own! Thank you!
Can’t wait to try this! This is a mac & cheese loving household. Only problem is my hubby is anti-Velveeta and he’s doing all the grocery shopping during the pandemic (I’m a little nervous about it). Soooo… It’ll have to wait until I can do the shopping and be sneaky about it. hehe!!
That is one fabulous Mac and cheese. I just made it tonight and it’s delicious. Folks you got to make this recipe.
I will try this again. This is a great recipe that makes a large pan of Mac and cheese that is very filling and could feed a large group. Lots of different cheeses go into this.
My fault! I did not see it posted the first time. Again, great recipe. It’s a winner.